Wednesday 21 May 2014

Week Eighteen: Choreography is Key said the Chicken to the Egg

Which comes first?  The chicken or the egg?  

Which comes first?  The business case or committing to making it happen?

Ah the age old question which has us all baffled and I assure you I definitely don't know the answer to though I'm starting to get the idea.

I have spent many many days and hours pulling together every aspect of the business case for my new venture but the decision to actually push the button is determined by bottoming out some key costs which you can't do until you have pushed the button - I think they call that point the leap of faith!!

And that leap of faith really does require to be a thing of beauty - it may be a solo leap but detailed choreography to make it spectacular is still required.  At the core is the numbers stacking up.  To do this you need to get all the inputs right.  To do this you need to project input and costs.  To do this for the big costs you need to find your location and secure it but to do this you need confidence in the numbers.  And confidence in the numbers also means knowing your set up costs which means knowing what it costs to fit out the premises which you can't do til you know where the premises are.....you get the idea!! 

So with vim and vigour and an occasional sense of nausea its a case of nudging along all the component parts in the hope that they are at their best and completely in sync at the point at which that leap happens - I think rather than thinking of jumping off a cliff I'll draw the comparison to that leap in Dirty Dancing - you know the one!!  So much more a positive image than the cliff!

Anyway as you can tell I am going slightly mad!!  I know this is all cryptic at the moment but it is my sincere hope that within the next three weeks I can share what all of these ramblings are about and who knows you may also have a chance to get involved.  Intriguing.



Whilst going slightly mad I...

...HUNG OUT AT...the Normandy Hotel as a roadie to the very talented Master Tom Potter and his band Bad Jeff.  The event was in aid of the Neurological Department of the Southern General and the band were; as always; amazing.  Tom is a spectacular drummer with a big future in front of him - check out his drumming in the attached link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAmE9CjS3I4

...WINED ON...very little cos I'm so focused at the moment - but I did do a formal tasting of Craig Francis wines - more on that in future blogs...

...DINED ON...mum's famous roast chicken Sunday dinner without the pavlova but with an apple pie.  Other than my family you'll not know that when we was growing up there was a standing joke that when we could smell a roast chicken dinner being cooked for Sunday roast then you knew mum was also making a pavlova for dessert.  One day she got so annoyed at Stuart, Dad and me winding her up that for years she refused to make pavlova. It took years and me learning how to make them before they made a reappearance!!  

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment